Although some of our book lists follow the school year, I like keeping track along the calendar year. And while I usually have lofty plans, they often differ from what actually happens, especially in terms of books read. So here's a list of books that I actually finished in 2012:
Pedro Paramo by Juan Rulfo
Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantazakis
Toilet Training in Less Than a Day by Azrin and Foxx
Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielsen
To The Rescue: President Thomas S. Monson's Biography by Heidi S. Swinton
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
Quotidiana by Patrick Madden
Paris in Love by Eloisa James
Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Saturday by Ian McEwan
Touch the Top of the World by Eric Weihenmayer
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
I fell short on finishing most of the classics I had planned to tackle, substituting instead a few sappy novels, a lot of amazing biographies, and some excellent parenting books.